Emeritus Managing Director
Roger is an Emeritus Managing Director of Venture Investors. He founded the Madison Capital Corporation in 1982, which later changed its name to Venture Investors of Wisconsin, Inc., and served as its CEO and President, and a member of the Board of Directors. He served as a Managing Director of subsequent funds until retiring in 2008, but has continued to serve in an advisory role since. Roger’s contributions to the Wisconsin entrepreneurial ecosystem were recognized in 2001 when he was the recipient of an Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for his role in the creation of a venture capital industry in Wisconsin.
Since retirement, Roger has been an advocate for investor education serving in a variety of roles.
Involvement in Investor Ecosystem:
- Chairman, World Federation of Investors (www.wfic.org) , Ghent, Belgium, 2009-present
- Chairman, Supervisory Board, Stichting Volkwagen Investors Claim, Oud-Beijerland, NL, 2015-present
- Chairman, the National Association of Investor Corporations-BetterInvesting (www.betterinvesting.org), Madison Heights, MI, 2008-present
- Member, Investor Issues Committee, USA Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), 2014-present
- Member, International Stock Exchange Executive Emeriti, 2015-present
- Member, USA Security Exchange Commission (SEC) Investor Advisory Committee, 2012-2016.
- Member, New York Stock Exchange Individual Investor Advisory Committee, NY, 2009-2014.
- Bachelor of Education, University of Wisconsin – Whitewater
- Master of Public Administration – Urban Development, Rockefeller School at State University of New York-Albany
Roger is an avid and adventurous sailor. He is a lover of theater and the arts, and is a world traveler. He is a proud father and grandfather.